Today, I have the pleasure of crossing off number eight on my bucket list; “Start a Blog.” For some reason I thought I’d be crossing off “Ride a unicycle”, long before creating a blog, but I guess my love of food comes ahead of my wannabe future as a circus performer. Although, I have been known to juggle oranges in the kitchen, so maybe there’s room for both.
I remember the day I created my bucket list. It was while I was in Chicago, this past April, in a confused state of mind, not knowing where I was going or what was going to be the next step in my life. After having already been travelling for months, I just kept travelling, thinking I was going to find the answer at my next destination. But when I would get there and that didn’t happen, I would go somewhere else and try to find the answer there. It was a very disappointing pattern.
Creating the list was a step in the right direction and inspired hope. Some things were just silly, little goals, but some made me think about my life more seriously, and how far I’ve come and how much more I wanted to achieve.
I simultaneously created a list entitled, “Cool Shit I’ve Done”, in which I wrote down every little accomplishment, or memorable encounter I could think of. It became really exciting, reminiscing about what I’ve done, and it was that little spark that I needed in my life to keep me moving forward at that time. I feel like we often focus too much on the negative aspects of our lives, and we forget about the good things.
Moving on, my first post ever on this blog is a creamy chocolate cherry smoothie. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning, is whip up a smoothie to hydrate myself. This combination is probably the one I turn to most often. The avocado and frozen banana give it the perfect creamy consistency.
- Creamy Chocolate Cherry Smoothie2016-08-09 14:41:41Serves 1Prep Time5 minTotal Time5 minPrep Time5 minTotal Time5 minIngredients
- 1 cup pitted Cherries, frozen
- 1 frozen Banana, cut into chunks
- 1 ½ cups Coconut Milk, or other milk of choice
- ½ ripe Avocado
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1-2 Tbsp Maple (optional)
What She Ate https://whatsheate.com/wordpress/
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. If using sweetened milk, you probably won’t need to add any additional sweetener, but if you’re using unsweetened milk, adjust maple syrup to taste. Add more milk if you like a thinner consistency. Serves 1.