If banana bread were the only kind of bread that existed in the world, I would be entirely okay with that. In fact, if bananas were the only food in the world, that would be great too. Of course, I say that now, but I’m sure by day three of eating only bananas, I would want to throw every banana in the ocean and never want to see another one again. I’d be throwing more bananas than Donkey Kong does barrels.
I’ve made this bread probably five times now, making minor tweaks each time, and I think I have it the way I want it. Throwing in chocolate chips makes the perfect addition in my opinion. I’m a fan of using a bar of dark chocolate, cut in chunks instead of chocolate chips, but you do your own thing.
If you’ve made banana bread before, I’m sure you know to use the ripest , spottiest bananas you can find for optimal flavor. I like to wander around grocery stores looking for ripe bananas marked down half price for quick sale before they get thrown out. It’s sad to imagine all the poor unwanted bananas being thrown in the dumpster. Although, it’s a good thing if you’re a dumpster diver, but bad thing if you’re a banana bread maker. But a great thing if you’re a dumpster diving banana bread maker. I don’t know what I’m talking about any more. Just get yourself bananas and try this bread…….or don’t. No pressure.
- 2 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Sea Salt
- 4 ripe Bananas
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- Heat oven to 350°F and oil a loaf pan.
- Melt coconut oil while you prepare other ingredients. I like to put it in a heat proof bowl and set in the oven while it’s heating.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in the honey, melted coconut oil and vanilla. Beat the egg, then add to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Add wet mix to dry and stir.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Should be golden brown and feel firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.