Maple and pecans are the new peanut butter and jelly. Well, maybe there’s no replacing PB&J. Let’s say maple and pecans are PB&J’s long lost cousins that only come around once in a while because travel costs are so high. It’s satisfying (and rare) when my analogies actually make sense.
These roasted nuts are an enjoyable little snack that’ll make you feel like royalty. Pure maple syrup and pecans are pretty pricey and are therefore a rare treat for many(hence my clever analogy earlier..remember that?).
With that being said, you should keep a close eye on these little guys while they’re in the oven so they don’t turn into crispy, black nuggets. But, if you do end up burning them, you can just shut the oven off and leave them in there for your roommate or significant other to clean up for you later because surprises are nice. I may or may not be speaking from experience.
Happy roasting! Enjoy your new favorite snack!
- 3 cups Raw Pecans
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup + ⅛ cup Maple Syrup
- ⅛ cup melted Coconut Oil or Sunflower Oil
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients except pecans in a small mixing bowl. Stir.
- Add the pecans and stir until the nuts are covered. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and allow to cool. The nuts will get crispy as they sit. Serve in a salad, with ice cream or eat as a snack. Store in an airtight container.