Creamy layered chocolate mint parfait, packed with nutritious ingredients to leave your body and taste buds satisfied.
Calling all chocolate mint lovers! I know there’s lots of you out there because York Peppermint Patties are still in business.
I’ve got a creamy, satisfying treat for you today. Well, I personally don’t have it for you, only the recipe for you to stare at. You’ll have to make it yourself….or get someone else to make it for you. Does anyone out there owe you any favors? Now’s the time to cash it in.
But, if you can’t summon someone to whip up dessert for you, luckily this is ultra simple to make.
I used my Creamy Vegan Chocolate Pudding Frosting as the base, and paired it with a delicious 4-ingredient avocado mint pudding to layer it with. Top it off with some coconut whipped cream if desired, and you’re in for one rich, filling dessert.
As stated above, this is a pretty filling dessert. It yields 4 servings, but you can probably get more servings than that out of it if you have the willpower that I lack. For me, it’s one of those desserts that’s hard to stop eating because I love creamy foods, so I always end up eating beyond satiation.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, fellow chocolate mint lovers! I’m heading back to the kitchen for more fun.
- 1 block (300g) Silken Tofu
- 1 small Sweet Potato (1 cup Puree)
- 1 ⅓ cup good quality Dark Chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- ½ cup + ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Fresh Mint, packed
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- For the chocolate layer: Pierce your sweet potato a few times with a knife and bake in a 400°F oven for 35-40 minutes or until soft. Discard the skin once cooked, and puree the flesh. You should have 1 cup of puree. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave and combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust if necessary. Refrigerate.
- For the mint layer: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness if desired.
- Assembly: Layer the pudding in a glass or bowl, alternating between mint and chocolate. Top with coconut whipped cream if desired.