Creamy green smoothie bowl with banana, mint, avocado, kiwi and spinach. Loaded with nutrients to give you energy to start off your day.
Since St. Patrick’s Day is coming up later this week, two things are likely happening in your life:
1) You’re seeing a lot more green lately – beverages, clothes, signs, hair(?)
2) You may suddenly learn that almost everyone you know is at least 1/16 Irish, therefore justifying their need to partake in festivities on the seventeenth. You know, to honor their heritage and stuff.
If you’re like me and have zero desire in guzzling down green beer, while eating jalapeno poppers and listening to fiddlers battling the buzzing of voices in a tiny pub, then this recipe might be for you.
Side note – I used to work in the kitchen of an Irish pub, and St. Patrick’s Day felt more like St. Patrick’s Never-Going-To-End Day. I may still have a grudge. It was 10 years ago. I’ll get over someday. Maybe. No I won’t.
Moving on, this big bowl of goodness in front of your eyes is made up of naturally green foods. No food dyes here, just loads of vitamins and deliciousness. And, if you’re not feeling like putting the effort into a smoothie bowl, just pour it in a glass and have a nice, thick, green smoothie.
- 2 cups Spinach 2 handfuls
- 1 ½ Bananas frozen and cut into slices
- ½ Kiwi
- ¼ Avocado
- 1 cup Almond or Coconut Milk
- Few mint leaves
- Chia Seeds
- Banana Buckwheat Granola
Gather your toppings and prep them - cut dragonfruit in half and scoop balls using a melon baller or tsp measuring spoon. Chop mint, slice kiwi.
Blend smoothie ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add more banana if you want it thicker, or more milk if you want it thinner.
Pour into a bowl and garnish with your toppings.